Understanding how visitors are interacting with your engageRE website is essential to your online success. Google Analytics will enable you to gain valuable insight into the "who, when, where and how" of the visitors to your website.
This article is divided into three parts:
- Getting Started
- The Basics of Using Google Analytics
- Measuring Success
Part 1: Getting Started
The Quick Learn presentation below provides you with step-by-step instructions on setting up a personal Google Analytics account for use with your engageRE website.
Part 2: Google Analytics Basics
In this webinar, three different real world websites are examined through Google Analytics, comparing the user behaviors and intelligence gathered.
Part 3: Measuring Success With Google Analytics
The webinar recording below shares three best practices when assessing your digital marketing efforts:
- Filtering Noise: User Segments
- Understanding SEO Yield
- Using Marketing Source Codes
- What about Bounce Rate?
- Getting What You Want: Conversion
- Discovering Visitor Actions
When you create SEO searches, you want to name each search strategically. The name of the search should be an accurate descriptor that helps search engines to recognize and index the content of the search page, and it should contain terms or phrases on which users will actually be searching.
A few pointers for naming your searches:
- Your search name should contain the common name of the location (city, town, county, school district, etc) and the state code, as well as a domain phrase like “real estate” or “homes for sale.” If you are creating a feature search, it should also contain a descriptor of that feature.
- Basic city search: Rochester NY Homes for Sale
- Basic school district search: Blue Valley School District KS Real Estate
- Feature search: Rochester NY 4 Bedroom Homes for Sale
- Your search name should be spelled correctly, and should use title casing. State codes should be abbreviated.
- Poor search name: rochetser new york commercial properties
- Good search name: Rochester NY Commercial Properties for Sale
- Your search name should be brief, and not contain extraneous words or symbols. Your search name is not the place to add your name or phone number. If you want to add these things, add them to the content of the page.
- Poor search name: Luxury home search in Rochester call Noel Jenkins 555-555-5555
- Good search name: Rochester NY Luxury Homes for Sale
It’s important to have fresh new content on your website in order to help boost your site’s SEO and to add consumer value to your website. SEO pages are a great way to accomplish both of these goals.
Please watch the two videos below for instructions on setting up My (Agent) Saved Searches, SEO pages, and adding a custom landing page. If you're a newbie, it is recommended that you watch them in the order provided.
Part 1 - Adding My (Agent) Saved Searches
Topics reviewed in this webinar: creating a basic and advanced search, creating a polygon search, linking searches to your menu, and enabling the Quick Search feature.
Part 2 -Adding SEO Pages to Your Website
In Part 2 of the webinar series, we demonstrated how to create SEO pages, add and understand meta data, add a custom landing page, and update your site's navigation.
A Webinar Series
Thank you to everyone who attended the Advanced SEO webinar series. The webinar recordings are included below, along with additional resources discussed during the webinars.
Part 1: Webinar topics for Part 1 included: How Google Works; Understanding keywords; Custom domains; and Domain authority.
Part 2: Webinar topics for Part 2 included: Using meta tags for maximum effectiveness and creating SEO saved searches.
Part 3: Webinar topics for Part 3 included: Importance of good content; Avoid bad SEO; Building effective backlinks; and promoting your site.
We compiled a list of ideas for adding custom content to your website. Also available in a downloadable PDF handout.
We came up with a list of 20 ways to creatively drive traffic back to your site and create quality backlinks. Also available as a downloadable PDF handout.
Here are some helpful ideas for promoting your site.