During this webinar, we reviewed some "lessons learned" regarding the Designer Website Collection. Topics discussed included: image management, agent profile photo, 3rd party widgets, and the new text editor tool.
What is the Designer Website Collection?
It is a series of High Design Website templates with pre-selected images, graphics, text type, layout and locations for key calls to action.
Key features available during the introductory release include:
- 20+ designer-crafted, customizable website layouts (many more coming!)
- Designs for Agents, Teams, Community Lifestyle, Home and Living
- Designer-selected colors, graphics, buttons, text type, calls to action and more
- New Homepage Editor – see changes automatically made and saved as you work
- Mobile, Tablet and Large Display website preview
- Editable text sections (unique to each design)
- Custom image sections (unique to each design)
- New designer image gallery provided with over 1,000 high-quality images
- New image selection and upload tool
- Distinctive new Property Galleries - Featured Listings (unique to each design)
- Quick, selectable calls to action (What’s my Home Worth…)
- Editable homepage testimonials (unique to each design)
- New ‘About Me’ sections, larger agent photo (unique to each design)
- Team layouts with all new ‘About Us’ sections and team rosters
- New signature website footer with integrated contact / lead form
- Built-in social media connectors
- Built-in IDX+ listings search with every full-website
- Custom website navigation from existing website (for easy transition)
- Content pages available from existing website (for easy transition)
- SEO Saved Searches available from existing website (for easy transition)
- Brand, MLS and State compliance support built-in
Where can the new Templates be found?
In the engageRE Agent Portal, hover over SiteBuilder and select Collections, then Layouts
Under Collections, all designs will display.
- Persona -These focus on you and features your agent photo.
- Team -These are all about your team.
- Texture -These incorporate design texture and dimension.
-These highlight luxury design elements.
- Home & Living -These feature home imagery.
- Under Coming Soon, we list more categories that will soon be available. These are
You can search each collection by clicking on the name.
- Hovering over the layout will display what features are included such as,
Custom Theme Color
- Custom Hero Image(s)
- Editable Hero Text
- Search Listings
- Feature Properties
- Custom Background Image
- Content Text
- Calls to Action
- Editable Call to Action Text
Each layout has different customizable elements.
To view in detail, click Preview.
In the Preview, you will notice how your information is instantly pulled in to give you
a true representation of what your website homepage will look like.
Click Select Template to choose and begin customizing OR
You can close it to preview another layout by clicking the X in the top right.
If you want your website to work for you, you need to give it some love! Your website may have been great at one time, but has your content gotten stale and out-of-date? During this webinar, we review some simple updates you can make to your website to keep your site relevant and engaging for consumers and search engines!
Update Your Website
- Basic Site Builder
- Intermediate Site Builder
- Designer Website Collection
- Adding Video to Your Website
The much-anticipated Designer Website Collection templates for your engageRE website are now available.
Read This First!
Here's some important information you will need in order to get started:
- The Designer Website Collection (DWC) templates primarily impact the content and appearance of the home page – your menu and any interior page content do not change.
- Each DWC template has a specific layout, with specific features and widgets. These features are not customizable.
- Before you make any changes, we highly recommend that you make a copy of all your current home page content. Any content or graphical customization you have done to your home page under the older Site Builder templates will not transfer to the DWC templates.
- You can preview the new DWC templates, and your live website will remain as-is. However, once you publish a DWC template to your site, you cannot revert back to your previous homepage content or template. We strongly suggest that you create some sort of backup of your existing home page before you republish your site with a DWC template.
- Once you have published a DWC template to your website, the current Site Builder options such as Design and Layout will still be visible on the menu, but will no longer function.
- Existing information contained in the SEO / Tracking and Verification sections will need to be manually added to your homepage. These functions are normally used for applications such as Google Analytics, Live Chat, or Facebook Pixel Code. This information will need to be copied from your current Site Builder entries to the 3rd Party Scripts section under Website Settings.
- Customizations performed on one DWC template are not retained when you switch to another template.
- Note that all text areas will be pre-filled with Latin text and will need to be personalized with each agent's information.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Designer Website Collection?
Learn more about the Designer Website Collection here.
How do I add a video to my home page?
There is not currently a design that offers a video widget. New designs will be added in the near future that offer this option.
How do I update my home page information after my site has been published?
In order to update the information on your home page after your site has been published, you'll navigate to Site Builder -- Collections -- Site Editor.
How do I update my interior pages?
You'll continue to update your interior pages by going to Site Builder -- Content -- Pages.
Where do I add my 3rd party scripts such as Google Analytics or Facebook Pixel code?
Go to Site Builder -- Collections -- Site Editor. Next, choose the option for Website Settings -- 3rd Party Scripts. These scripts are typically added to either the Header or Footer as directed by the software vendor.
I don't have any testimonials to add, so how do I delete this section?
If you choose a design that has a testimonial section, this area must be utilized. If you don't have any testimonials to add, you'll need to choose a design that doesn't include this feature.
I like the options available on an agent branded design - can I use a different background photo?
The image you choose could be a background texture, local geography, or your own agent photo. Each design is intended to be customized to fit your brand and personality! Choose from a wide variety of stock photos or by uploading your own image.
I have uploaded my own background photo, but the photo was cropped after getting published. Can this be fixed?
Not every photo will be optimal for each template. If your photo doesn't display to your satisfaction, you may need to experiment with photos that have different dimensions and perspectives.
Where can I find the Home Valuation call-out button?
There is not currently an option for a Home Valuation call-out. Additional call-outs will be released in the near future.
Set aside twenty minutes to learn how to create and save searches that your website visitors can access with a single click! This webinar was presented and recorded by Reliance Network.