In this webinar, we reviewed basic Site Builder functionality. Topics covered included: create a basic home page; update home page header images and color scheme; and add/modify menu items.
In this Intermediate Site Builder webinar, we covered a variety of topics for adding internal content to your website. This 60 minute video contains the webinar presentation, followed by Q&A.
In this webinar, we provided some tips on creating and optimizing your YouTube channel. Topics included: creating a Google account, creating a branded YouTube channel, creating a playlist and adding to your website, and connecting Design Center Automation to your new YouTube channel.
NOTE: Since this webinar was published, the procedure for connecting Design Center to your personal YouTube channel has changed slightly. For the most current instructions, refer to the short Tech Assist article: Publishing Videos from Design Center to a Personal YouTube Channel.
Adding video to your website is a great way to add value and visual interest. A good video can turn a static website into a dynamic, informative destination. Some good video ideas to consider are:
- A promotional video that introduces you to your website visitors
- A website tour that tells visitors what they can find on your website
- A video tour of a featured listing
- A video to share your expertise on a particular topic
- A video to promote a special event such as an upcoming open house
Add a Single Video to Your Home Page
In this short video, you'll learn how to add a single YouTube video to the home page of your LeadStreet or engageRE website.
Create a YouTube Playlist
With a playlist, you can add even more videos to a webpage without creating clutter on your website. Once you have added the playlist code to your website, you only need to add or remove videos from your playlist within YouTube.
In this short video, you'll learn how to create a YouTube playlist. Before you get started, you will need to already have a YouTube account and channel set up.
Add a Playlist to Your Website Home Page
Now that you've created a YouTube playlist, learn how to add the playlist to the home page of your website.
Recently in trade press, the question of whether websites should be made secure (all exchanged information encrypted) is being asked.
Converting a website to use secure (SSL) transport requires two steps:
- An "SSL certificate" must be purchased for each domain associated with the site. Certificates that can do that typically cost (upwards of $70/year or more) and must be continuously maintained/renewed. That cost, both in terms of dollars and administrative oversight, would have be born by each individual website owner.
- The underlying platforms (engageRE & LeadStreet in this case) would have to be modified to support SSL. This would require significant development effort to offer this as an individual option across the several thousand websites hosted by engageRE.
Based on what we know at this time (one article here), Google's policy shift to start giving a "minor ranking boost" to websites that provide secure transport, would not justify either of those investments. It appears to be more of a social legislation play ("...making the web safer for all of us...") because it is only a "lightweight signal" gain in terms of SEO.
We therefore conclude that the highly competitive nature of SEO ranking on real estate keywords would not be materially impacted by adopting SSL on an engageRE/LeadStreet website.
All that said, consumer attitudes as it relates to privacy is an important component of our solution. Should the need for SSL become a key factor in influencing consumer behavior, this will certainly be revisited.
You can easily control the featured properties that are displayed on your website by using the settings in Site Builder. View the presentation below to learn how to use this powerful feature. Downloadable PDFs are also provided for your convenience.