Once you've implemented your new custom domain name, you should promote it as part of your online brand through use of your business cards, email signature, real estate signage, and other marketing material. We also recommend that you link your social networking sites back to your primary domain, and create additional backlinks from other trusted websites. If you have more than one domain name, remain consistent! Choose one for all of your marketing rather than watering down your efforts by promoting multiple domain names.
Now that you've got a top-notch customized website, you may be asking yourself, "what's next?" You have this great new website along with an enhanced image that is promoting your personal brand intended to convince potential clients to choose you as their real estate agent. In addition to SEO enhancements, there are many steps you can take to drive traffic to your site.
- Use engageRE email tools to promote yourself and your website and drive traffic to your website. engageRE tools that help drive traffic to your site include importing your contact list into engageRE in order to send monthly email newsletters, setting up HomeFinder alerts for your contacts and prospects based on their stated preferences or search patterns, and sending personal emails or other campaigns, such as an upgraded site launch announcement and new customer welcome emails.
- Another good business tool, Moz Local, can be accessed at moz.com/local. Moz Local can show you the local online directories where you are listed as well as those where you are not. This gives you an opportunity to add yourself to directories you think will be of benefit to your business. In order to access Moz Local's free service, click on Check my Listing Score from the home page. To get started, simply enter your Business Name and Zip code, then click on Check My Listing.
- Register on Google+ and on Google My Business in order to get better visibility in local search.
- Branding yourself online may be one of the most important things a real estate agent can do. If you have not already done so, purchase a domain name that is relevant to your business. If you have purchased more than one, for SEO reasons, we recommend that you have all of your web traffic pointing to one domain and all other domains redirecting to this primary branded domain. Once you have purchased your new domain name, review our Setting Up a Custom Domain Name video to point your domain to your engageRE website.
- Trade links to your site with local vendors in the area and RE/MAX affiliates around the country in order to build more links to your website and increase your reputation with Google.
- Use Facebook, Twitter, and other social media outlets to engage your customers and prospects and drive traffic to your site. The use of social media through accounts that link to your personal website is very beneficial to your site's visibility in search engines
- If you have not already done so, include a link to your website in your standard email signature and on your business card.
- Promote your website through traditional marketing efforts like having a magnetic sign on your car that includes your website address and including your website on all printed promotional materials.
These promotional suggestions will also help you most effectively get your website in front of as many current, past, and prospective customers as possible. This is vital in order to make your online marketing strategy more effective so you can get the most out of your website.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss our service, please contact our support team.
Awesome Content Ideas for Your Website!
Creative Ideas for Driving Traffic to Your Site
Getting the Most out of Your Website (webinar)
Custom Domain 101
Setting Up A Custom Domain Name (video)
Should I purchase more than one domain name for my website?
Should I Have More Than One Website?
Many agents have questions regarding the merits of maintaining multiple websites and domains. Here is some information to help with that decision:
Every website you have, whether it be one or more, should have a custom domain as primary. Domains such as "myname.engageREagent.com" may be convenient, but not too useful from a marketing or SEO perspective. In that example, this is a "default" domain created automatically for your engageRE account, and can be used, but we suggest assigning a custom domain.
You can have multiple domain names point to the same website if that serves a specific marketing purpose for you. In general, those secondary domains do not accrue SEO value, and may dilute or confuse your identity and messaging, but technically there is nothing wrong with using them.
Likewise, using multiple websites is really a personal business preference. They can help you tailor your messaging to a specific audience or market. You can experiment with different promotions and advertising easily. Note that there is some overhead in maintaining multiple sites (and multiple back ends) that you should weigh. One big disadvantage is that you will be splitting your SEO and marketing efforts between multiple sites.
It’s important to continue adding good content to your site for several reasons.
- Improve your site’s SEO
- Add value for consumers
- Create a unique look, feel, and brand for your website
This helpful video will help you get started adding custom content to your website.
Welcome to the engageRE Tech Assist Blog. This is an online resource for all things engageRE. Use the links below to get to the section of interest or just start reading down through the posts.
Please submit suggestions of topics you would find of interest.
Welcome to engageRE!
To complete account setup, you should now do the following:
Accessing Your Account. The new URL you will use to access the Agent Portal (formerly known as LeadStreet) is http://www.engageremarketing.com/SignIn. Use your Mainstreet login as you normally would to sign in. Make a note of this URL and save it as a bookmark or shortcut. This is your primary way to access your account - not through Mainstreet.
Check Your Website. While working in the Agent Portal, click the View Website link within the Sitebuilder area.
Check Your Website Domains. If you previously used [yourusername].remax-ny.com as the primary address for your site, that has changed to [yourusername].engageREagent.com. Better still, we strongly recommend that you register and start using a custom domain. You can learn how to do that by watching this video.
If you have a custom domain pointed to your site, it is important that you verify what "name servers" you used with your domain registrar (the place you purchased your domain). For more information, read this Tech Assist article.
Point To Your Premier Website From Your SPAW. Your profile on remax.com (aka SPAW) contains a link to "Visit My Personal Website". You can point this to your Premier website by following these simple instructions.
- Log into the NEW LeadStreet via MaxCenter (www.maxcenter.net) using the steps below:
- Log into MaxCenter (www.maxcenter.net) using your remax.net User name and Password.
- In MaxCenter, Click on the box that says "LeadStreet Powered by Homes.com"
- You are now in the New LeadStreet.
- In LeadStreet, click on Apps on the top center of the page, then on "My Profile".
- Click on the "Contact Info" tab and scroll down to the "Online" section, add your website address under "Website URL".
Setup Lead Forwarding From RE/MAX. Leads from the RE/MAX brand websites (e.g. remax.com, etc) are offered through LeadStreet by Homes Connect. You can automatically forward the leads you accept to engageRE. Watch this video for instructions.
You will notice that engageRE is packed full of new upgrades (including Mobile Responsive Experience, Search 3, new features in the CRM, and an option for WordPress) among others. Visit the What's New and Different! section of the engageRE website.
The support and education resource available to help you is engageRE Tech Assist . To reach out to the Tech Assist team, or to learn more from our online resources and training, visit the Tech Assist area of the engageRE website.