In this webinar, three different real world websites are examined through Google Analytics, comparing the user behaviors and intelligence gathered.
Learn how to import contacts into your engageRE CRM.
The platform provider of engageRE (Reliance Network) has migrated their servers to a new facility which changes their assigned IP addresses. This affects anyone who manages their own DNS (via their registrar, for example), requiring an update to all “A” records associated with their domain(s).
Any and all of your DNS records that reference one of the following IP addresses – 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, or 188.8.131.52 – must be updated to use: 184.108.40.206. In order to avoid service disruption, this must be completed before March 1st, 2016.
As an alternative, because IP addresses can change over time, we highly recommend that you start using the engageRE DNS – it is automatically maintained with changes in IP addresses. You can find instructions on configuring your domain using this method on our website. If you are using your domain name for email, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org before making any changes.
If you wish to proceed with the IP address configuration, here are some basic instructions for two of the largest domain name providers:
- Login and click “Manage Account” in the top right
- “Edit DNS” (under “My Domain Names” heading)
- Check the box next to your domain(s) pointed to the old IP and click “Edit DNS”
- Click the “Manage Advanced DNS Records” button
- Click “Edit A Records”
- Update the “www”, “@”, and “*” records to new IP: 220.127.116.11
- Login and click on your name in the upper right corner
- Click “Visit My Account” button
- Click “Manage” button next to “Domains”
- Click the domain you need to update
- Click “DNS Zone File” tab
- Edit any “A” record referencing the old IP address above by clicking the “Edit Record” icon in the “Action” column to the right
- Update the “Points to” field to new IP: 18.104.22.168
Please be advised that domains referencing one of the old IP addresses will no longer function after March 1, 2016.
Watch this short video to learn how to upload a PDF document to the engageRE Agent Portal and then add a link to it on the home page of your website.
- Click the Site Builder tab, and then the Graphics tab along the bottom of the menu.
- In the pop-up window, click the Add Image button, followed by Choose File. Browse to the completed PDF or JPG form on your computer and click Open. Returning to the My Images pop-up, click Upload and confirm by clicking the Yes, I Acknowledge & Accept link.A new image will appear in the upper left corner of the Thumbnail area along the left side of the pop-up. Right-click on that image and select the Copy Image Address function (for Chrome – other browsers may label it differently, so refer to the video). Close the My Images popup window.
- Returning now to the main Site Builder window, click the Design tab and then the Layout tab.
- Find a text area somewhere on your home page where the link should go, and click the edit link next to it. Choose the Create/Edit My Own Content button if prompted.
- In the new content editor, position the cursor where you want the link to appear and click the Insert/edit Link button. The Insert Link pop-up will appear.
- Right-click in the URL field and select Paste. The address of the document should appear in the field. In the next field, Text to display, enter the desired label that will appear on the page. For the Target, choose “new Window”. Click OK to close the Insert Link pop-up, which will add the link to the chosen text area. Then click Submit to complete the edit.
- Click Publish to make the change to your website. You can confirm by clicking the View Website link.
Build it and they will come.
...well, not really. A website that remains stagnant (regardless of how great it looks) is nothing more than a glorified business card. In order to start getting recognized in organic search engine results, it's important for you to remain vigilant, promote your site, and add new content on a regular basis. We will do our part by providing solid education and support, but it's important for you to remain part of the process by adding custom content and finding creative ways to drive web traffic to your website. After working with hundreds of real estate agents, we have learned a thing or two. Our staff has compiled a list of awesome and creative ways that can help you bring visitors to your website. As always, it’s really important for you to have great content in order to keep visitors on your site and convert them into solid leads and ultimately sales!
- Sponsor a coloring contest. Post a coloring sheet on your website, advertise to your engageRE contacts, and offer a gift card to the winner.
- Sponsor a small scholarship for a local college. Ask the college to provide a link on their website to your website site (having a “.edu” incoming link to your site is a bonus!).
- Have a monthly raffle drawing for home décor/fun new items.
- Offer a raffle for local baked goods: hand deliver the goodies to the winner.
- Sponsor a contest or raffle offering tickets to a popular community event (theater, ballet, concert, etc).
- Partner with a local animal shelter to sponsor a pet naming contest. For every entry, donate a small amount ($1 - $5) to the shelter. The winner of the pet naming contest gets bragging rights, and the shelter gets publicity and a small donation.
- Promote a $100 gift card giveaway. Add a button that links to the registration form, and draw one name per month from those who register (may be MLS or region dependent).
- Offer a $5 Starbucks gift card for everyone who registers on your site (may be MLS or region dependent).
- Partner with other agents who reside in a “vacation” location – promote each other’s listings.
- Offer weekly contests geared towards prominent sports teams and offer game-day giveaways (tickets, memorabilia, etc.).
- Post a photo each month of a location within your market area – visitors register to guess where it is, those that are correct could be entered into a prize drawing.
- Link all of your social media accounts to your site, and be sure to post things frequently and consistently. Don’t post too often – once or twice a week is ideal. Post new listings, open houses, or simply thanking everyone for their support. This would also be a great place to announce new contests or giveaways.
- Sponsor a local recreational youth sports team. Wouldn’t it be awesome to have all of the spectators see your brand on the back of those uniforms?
- Advertise your website in local media such as newspaper, magazine, or radio.
- Offer a raffle for a locally sponsored restaurant.
- Join a local business association. Many of these will offer a directory on their website that will link to your site. Examples: local Chamber of Commerce, Visitor’s Bureau, Rotary Club, etc.
- Offer for a discount on home staging.
- Develop a top-notch buying/selling guide. Advertise it on your social media sites. Set up a Squeeze Page on your website that requires someone to register to receive the document via email.
- Above all, don’t forget about traditional marketing methods such as local advertising, flyers, signage, etc.
- Have a door-to-door campaign with a small gift and flyer advertising your website.