When you create SEO searches, you want to name each search strategically. The name of the search should be an accurate descriptor that helps search engines to recognize and index the content of the search page, and it should contain terms or phrases on which users will actually be searching.
A few pointers for naming your searches:
- Your search name should contain the common name of the location (city, town, county, school district, etc) and the state code, as well as a domain phrase like “real estate” or “homes for sale.” If you are creating a feature search, it should also contain a descriptor of that feature.
- Basic city search: Rochester NY Homes for Sale
- Basic school district search: Blue Valley School District KS Real Estate
- Feature search: Rochester NY 4 Bedroom Homes for Sale
- Your search name should be spelled correctly, and should use title casing. State codes should be abbreviated.
- Poor search name: rochetser new york commercial properties
- Good search name: Rochester NY Commercial Properties for Sale
- Your search name should be brief, and not contain extraneous words or symbols. Your search name is not the place to add your name or phone number. If you want to add these things, add them to the content of the page.
- Poor search name: Luxury home search in Rochester call Noel Jenkins 555-555-5555
- Good search name: Rochester NY Luxury Homes for Sale