Once you've implemented your new custom domain name, you should promote it as part of your online brand through use of your business cards, email signature, real estate signage, and other marketing material. We also recommend that you link your social networking sites back to your primary domain, and create additional backlinks from other trusted websites. If you have more than one domain name, remain consistent! Choose one for all of your marketing rather than watering down your efforts by promoting multiple domain names.
Now that you've got a top-notch customized website, you may be asking yourself, "what's next?" You have this great new website along with an enhanced image that is promoting your personal brand intended to convince potential clients to choose you as their real estate agent. In addition to SEO enhancements, there are many steps you can take to drive traffic to your site.
- Use engageRE email tools to promote yourself and your website and drive traffic to your website. engageRE tools that help drive traffic to your site include importing your contact list into engageRE in order to send monthly email newsletters, setting up HomeFinder alerts for your contacts and prospects based on their stated preferences or search patterns, and sending personal emails or other campaigns, such as an upgraded site launch announcement and new customer welcome emails.
- Another good business tool, Moz Local, can be accessed at moz.com/local. Moz Local can show you the local online directories where you are listed as well as those where you are not. This gives you an opportunity to add yourself to directories you think will be of benefit to your business. In order to access Moz Local's free service, click on Check my Listing Score from the home page. To get started, simply enter your Business Name and Zip code, then click on Check My Listing.
- Register on Google+ and on Google My Business in order to get better visibility in local search.
- Branding yourself online may be one of the most important things a real estate agent can do. If you have not already done so, purchase a domain name that is relevant to your business. If you have purchased more than one, for SEO reasons, we recommend that you have all of your web traffic pointing to one domain and all other domains redirecting to this primary branded domain. Once you have purchased your new domain name, review our Setting Up a Custom Domain Name video to point your domain to your engageRE website.
- Trade links to your site with local vendors in the area and RE/MAX affiliates around the country in order to build more links to your website and increase your reputation with Google.
- Use Facebook, Twitter, and other social media outlets to engage your customers and prospects and drive traffic to your site. The use of social media through accounts that link to your personal website is very beneficial to your site's visibility in search engines
- If you have not already done so, include a link to your website in your standard email signature and on your business card.
- Promote your website through traditional marketing efforts like having a magnetic sign on your car that includes your website address and including your website on all printed promotional materials.
These promotional suggestions will also help you most effectively get your website in front of as many current, past, and prospective customers as possible. This is vital in order to make your online marketing strategy more effective so you can get the most out of your website.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss our service, please contact our support team.
Awesome Content Ideas for Your Website!
Creative Ideas for Driving Traffic to Your Site
Getting the Most out of Your Website (webinar)
Custom Domain 101
Setting Up A Custom Domain Name (video)
Should I purchase more than one domain name for my website?
Should I Have More Than One Website?
Name servers are the settings on a domain (i.e. www.remax.com) that point it to a specific website provider like Reliance, Homes, or Placester.
To use a domain with an engageRE website, specific name server entries area required. You should contact the support department of your registrar (GoDaddy, Network Solutions, etc.) and ask them to update your domain name(s) to use ns1.engageREdns.com and ns2.engageREdns.com as primary and secondary name servers, respectively.
IMPORTANT: If you are also using your domain name for email (e.g. email@example.com), please contact TechAssist before proceeding with the changes below.
If you would like to attempt to do this yourself, we have step-by-step instructions available for GoDaddy and Network Solutions below.
For Domains Registered With Go Daddy
Do the following:
- Log into www.godaddy.com.
- Click on your name in the top navigation bar, and click on the “Manage Domains” option.
- Click on the domain name, which will bring you to Domain Details page.
- In the name server section, click on the “Manage” link.
- Click on the “EDIT NAMESERVERS” link.
- Update the name servers to ns1.engageREdns.com and ns2.engageREdns.com.
- Click Ok and Submit.
For Domains Registered With Network Solutions
Do the following:
- Log into www.networksolutions.com.
- Within Account Manager, select My Domain Names.
- Select the domain name you want to change and select Manage.
- In the green box, select Change Where Domain Points.
- Select Domain Name Server (DNS).
- Under Specify Domain Name Servers section, type in ns1.engageREdns.com and ns2.engageREdns.com.
- Select Continue, then Apply Changes to accept changes.
Please Note: DNS changes may take 24 - 36 hours to update throughout the Internet.