- Use The VIP Email Notification Features Of Your Mobile Phone
- Enter Email-to-SMS “Gateway” Address as the Email 2 address in LeadStreet/engageRE and WordPress.
- e.g. email@example.com
- May Be Best To Use Paid Gateway Service (e.g. TextMagic.com)
- WordPress Setting Change Must Be Done by engageRE.
- Use A Different Email/Messaging Service Just For Website Alerts
- Gmail, Hotmail, Facebook Messenger, Google Hangouts, Skype
It’s important to have fresh new content on your website in order to help boost your site’s SEO and to add consumer value to your website. SEO pages are a great way to accomplish both of these goals.
Please watch the two videos below for instructions on setting up My (Agent) Saved Searches, SEO pages, and adding a custom landing page. If you're a newbie, it is recommended that you watch them in the order provided.
Part 1 - Adding My (Agent) Saved Searches
Topics reviewed in this webinar: creating a basic and advanced search, creating a polygon search, linking searches to your menu, and enabling the Quick Search feature.
Part 2 -Adding SEO Pages to Your Website
In Part 2 of the webinar series, we demonstrated how to create SEO pages, add and understand meta data, add a custom landing page, and update your site's navigation.
In the video series below, we cover the basic steps a new WordPress subscriber should learn:
- Getting Into WordPress For The First Time
- Adding To Your Blog
Your email address is the primary email address in your engageRE Agent Portal at the time you set up your WordPress account. If you have any trouble logging in, contact Premier Support at Premier@engageREmarketing.com.
Most engageRE users will receive leads from several different sources, such as remax.com or their personal engageRE website, or their SPAW, for example. These sources can utilize differing lead routing rules.
Routing of Leads From RE/MAX Brand Sources to COR Affiliates
RE/MAX Brand Sources include remax.com, the RE/MAX mobile apps, SPAW/SPOW, TheREMAXCollection.com. homes.com and (in certain cases) regional websites.
Leads generated by any of those sources can be offered to you through the LeadStreet by Homes Connect system. The following process occurs:
- If the lead is generated while agent branding is in effect (personalized mobile app, SPAW, etc), then the lead is assigned to that agent, and no further routing occurs.
- Otherwise, if the lead is generated by a consumer who is already assigned to an agent in the market of interest (MLS), then the lead activity is added to that agent's account, and no further routing takes place.
- Otherwise, if the lead references a subject property that is an active RE/MAX listing, the listing agent is first offered the lead. If accepted, the lead is assigned to that agent and no further routing occurs.
- Otherwise, a pool of eligible agents is assembled based on their affiliation with the MLS listing the subject property and their declared area of interest (the list of ZIP codes). The lead is initially offered to a random agent from that pool, and if not accepted, it is then offered to additional agents until it is ultimately accepted.
You can send any leads you accept from your Homes Connect LeadStreet account into your engageRE account by following the steps in this Tech Assist article.
Routing of Leads From engageRE Sources
engageRE users typically receive leads from one or more engageRE websites. This includes their personal website, as well as office or possibly region sites that are hosted on the engageRE platform.
Leads captured from engageRE sources are handled as follows:
- Exclusivity is observed only within the channel where a lead originates. In another words, leads accepted from a region website will be observed as exclusive for all future inquiries from that same contact interacting on the region website. Same is true for leads assigned from an office website - exclusivity ofo an accepted lead is only observed with subsequent inquiries from that same contact on the office website.
- New leads originating from agent websites are always assigned to the site owner, without observing exclusivity from any prior assignment on any other channel.
Any lead that comes from your engageRE site will automatically be offered to you.
The WordPress: Let's Go webinar series introduces you to the most important topics for getting the most from your engageRE WordPress website. Whether you are Express or Premier, you will find useful information here.
Adding To Your Blog is one of the basic WordPress functions. A personal blog is a simple and effective way to publish your own content, and when done properly and consistently, it will improve SEO yield for your site. Watch this webinar recording to learn the simple, step-by-step process for adding posts to your blog.
Customizing Your Homepage is a common first step with an engageRE WordPress website. This webinar recording demonstrates in step-by-step fashion, customizing a homepage area, as well as adding new homepage rows.
Organizing Your Content is an essential skill for getting the most from your engageRE WordPress website. This webinar recording demonstrates in step-by-step fashion, how to create posts, categorize them and update the menu.
A Webinar Series
Thank you to everyone who attended the Advanced SEO webinar series. The webinar recordings are included below, along with additional resources discussed during the webinars.
Part 1: Webinar topics for Part 1 included: How Google Works; Understanding keywords; Custom domains; and Domain authority.
Part 2: Webinar topics for Part 2 included: Using meta tags for maximum effectiveness and creating SEO saved searches.
Part 3: Webinar topics for Part 3 included: Importance of good content; Avoid bad SEO; Building effective backlinks; and promoting your site.
We compiled a list of ideas for adding custom content to your website. Also available in a downloadable PDF handout.
We came up with a list of 20 ways to creatively drive traffic back to your site and create quality backlinks. Also available as a downloadable PDF handout.
Here are some helpful ideas for promoting your site.