Intranet resources are a handy tool which allows your office to share resources such as files or links to the agents within your office. In this short video, you'll learn how to add and delete Intranet Resources to the office LeadStreet or engageRE office portal.
Adding video to your website is a great way to add value and visual interest. A good video can turn a static website into a dynamic, informative destination. Some good video ideas to consider are:
- A promotional video that introduces you to your website visitors
- A website tour that tells visitors what they can find on your website
- A video tour of a featured listing
- A video to share your expertise on a particular topic
- A video to promote a special event such as an upcoming open house
Add a Single Video to Your Home Page
In this short video, you'll learn how to add a single YouTube video to the home page of your LeadStreet or engageRE website.
Create a YouTube Playlist
With a playlist, you can add even more videos to a webpage without creating clutter on your website. Once you have added the playlist code to your website, you only need to add or remove videos from your playlist within YouTube.
In this short video, you'll learn how to create a YouTube playlist. Before you get started, you will need to already have a YouTube account and channel set up.
Add a Playlist to Your Website Home Page
Now that you've created a YouTube playlist, learn how to add the playlist to the home page of your website.
What Causes The Problem?
Have you shared your listing on Facebook only to realize the auto-populated information is not what you expected? Similar to browser cache, Facebook also stores a copy of each shared webpage on their own servers (for efficency).
That means that once Facebook "remembers" a webpage, it will often use this image when you share that same URL. Unfortunately, since listing information is often changing, that cached information may not represent the most current and accurate listing data. Some symptoms you might experience:
- A new listing isn’t showing any data or is only showing the description with no photos.
- You’ve added new listing photos, but when you share the listing to Facebook, the thumbnail contains an old image.
- You’ve updated your listing description, but the old information displays on the thumbnail page when you share to Facebook.
What To Do About It
Fortunately, there is a way to force Facebook to refresh its cache for a listing by using their Sharing Debugger tool.
Do the following:
- Go to http://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/.
- Enter the listing URL into the field and click on Debug.
- This will bring up a screen of information that tells you when the last page was last scraped. Click on Scrape Again.
Now when you share the listing on Facebook, it should reflect all of the latest information.
Note: Every listing has two URLs available, and these are listed on the Detail page of the engageRE Agent Portal. You may need to repeat these steps for both URLs.
This webinar covers the primary tasks of the office administrator. This is great information that will help you coach your agents on getting the most from their RE/MAX toolkit.
Recently in trade press, the question of whether websites should be made secure (all exchanged information encrypted) is being asked.
Converting a website to use secure (SSL) transport requires two steps:
- An "SSL certificate" must be purchased for each domain associated with the site. Certificates that can do that typically cost (upwards of $70/year or more) and must be continuously maintained/renewed. That cost, both in terms of dollars and administrative oversight, would have be born by each individual website owner.
- The underlying platforms (engageRE & LeadStreet in this case) would have to be modified to support SSL. This would require significant development effort to offer this as an individual option across the several thousand websites hosted by engageRE.
Based on what we know at this time (one article here), Google's policy shift to start giving a "minor ranking boost" to websites that provide secure transport, would not justify either of those investments. It appears to be more of a social legislation play ("...making the web safer for all of us...") because it is only a "lightweight signal" gain in terms of SEO.
We therefore conclude that the highly competitive nature of SEO ranking on real estate keywords would not be materially impacted by adopting SSL on an engageRE/LeadStreet website.
All that said, consumer attitudes as it relates to privacy is an important component of our solution. Should the need for SSL become a key factor in influencing consumer behavior, this will certainly be revisited.
Create a Client Saved Search Using Basic Criteria
Setting up a basic search has many advantages. It's fast and easy to maneuver, and there are quite a few filters available. Another advantage of performing a basic search is that it allows you to select multiple property types. In this short video, learn how to set up a client saved search using basic criteria.
Create a Client Saved Search Using Advanced Criteria
Do you want to create even more powerful searches? There are many more options available under the Advanced Search which allows you to be much more selective with your search criteria. You can also combine some of the basic criteria with an advanced search to create a much more tailored search for your customer. Note that advanced searches must be confined to a single property type. If you want to create a search using multiple property types such as Condo and Single Family Homes, a Basic search will be required. In this short video, learn how to create a customer search using Advanced criteria.
NOTE: the available filters in an Advanced Search are MLS dependent.
Create a Client Saved Search Using the Polygon Tool
The polygon tool allows you to create a customer search based on a multi-point geographical area. This is a great way to create subdivision searches if your MLS doesn't provide a neighborhood filter or if you want to create a neighborhood search with multiple property types. Learn how to create a customer search using the polygon tool in this short video.