Refer to our updated Tech Assist article for the most recent webinar recording.
Setting up a custom domain is an advanced skill, especially if you are using your domain for email. Please review the two videos below for instructions on setting up a custom domain. NOTE: If you are using your domain name for email, doing this incorrectly will disrupt email flow! It is recommended that you watch the first video, Adding Email Records to a Custom Domain before proceeding to Setting Up a Custom Domain.
In this webinar, three different real world websites are examined through Google Analytics, comparing the user behaviors and intelligence gathered.
Learn how to import contacts into your engageRE CRM.
The platform provider of engageRE (Reliance Network) has migrated their servers to a new facility which changes their assigned IP addresses. This affects anyone who manages their own DNS (via their registrar, for example), requiring an update to all “A” records associated with their domain(s).
Any and all of your DNS records that reference one of the following IP addresses – 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, or 126.96.36.199 – must be updated to use: 188.8.131.52. In order to avoid service disruption, this must be completed before March 1st, 2016.
As an alternative, because IP addresses can change over time, we highly recommend that you start using the engageRE DNS – it is automatically maintained with changes in IP addresses. You can find instructions on configuring your domain using this method on our website. If you are using your domain name for email, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org before making any changes.
If you wish to proceed with the IP address configuration, here are some basic instructions for two of the largest domain name providers:
- Login and click “Manage Account” in the top right
- “Edit DNS” (under “My Domain Names” heading)
- Check the box next to your domain(s) pointed to the old IP and click “Edit DNS”
- Click the “Manage Advanced DNS Records” button
- Click “Edit A Records”
- Update the “www”, “@”, and “*” records to new IP: 184.108.40.206
- Login and click on your name in the upper right corner
- Click “Visit My Account” button
- Click “Manage” button next to “Domains”
- Click the domain you need to update
- Click “DNS Zone File” tab
- Edit any “A” record referencing the old IP address above by clicking the “Edit Record” icon in the “Action” column to the right
- Update the “Points to” field to new IP: 220.127.116.11
Please be advised that domains referencing one of the old IP addresses will no longer function after March 1, 2016.
Watch this short video to learn how to upload a PDF document to the engageRE Agent Portal and then add a link to it on the home page of your website.
- Click the Site Builder tab, and then the Graphics tab along the bottom of the menu.
- In the pop-up window, click the Add Image button, followed by Choose File. Browse to the completed PDF or JPG form on your computer and click Open. Returning to the My Images pop-up, click Upload and confirm by clicking the Yes, I Acknowledge & Accept link.A new image will appear in the upper left corner of the Thumbnail area along the left side of the pop-up. Right-click on that image and select the Copy Image Address function (for Chrome – other browsers may label it differently, so refer to the video). Close the My Images popup window.
- Returning now to the main Site Builder window, click the Design tab and then the Layout tab.
- Find a text area somewhere on your home page where the link should go, and click the edit link next to it. Choose the Create/Edit My Own Content button if prompted.
- In the new content editor, position the cursor where you want the link to appear and click the Insert/edit Link button. The Insert Link pop-up will appear.
- Right-click in the URL field and select Paste. The address of the document should appear in the field. In the next field, Text to display, enter the desired label that will appear on the page. For the Target, choose “new Window”. Click OK to close the Insert Link pop-up, which will add the link to the chosen text area. Then click Submit to complete the edit.
- Click Publish to make the change to your website. You can confirm by clicking the View Website link.