During this recorded webinar, we discussed manual listings. Learn how to enhance your listing presentation with a Demo listing and display listings on LeadStreet before the MLS updates. Also, learn how to display your private listings on all RE/MAX sites.
One of the greatest marketing tools at an agent's disposal is the ability to display listings that they have already sold. This shows your Buyers that you can help them find their perfect dream home. It can also show your Sellers that you have the skills necessary to sell their house for the best price.
Currently, once a listing has gone off the market in the MLS, the listing is removed from your engageRE account as well. Because Sold listings are such an important aspect of real estate marketing, engageRE has included a tool that will allow agents to manually create a Sold listing.
Create a Manual Listing
- After logging into your engageRE account, navigate to the LISTINGS > MANAGE tab in the top navigation.
- Click on the CREATE MANUAL LISTING button on the page.
- Check the box next to I accept the terms & conditions for Manual Listing Entry and enter the necessary information about the listing.
- Select "Manual-Override Listing" for Listing Type. NOTE: If you are in Mid States/Dixie and choose COR regions, you can choose the SOLD listing type.
- If the MLS number you entered is not available, you can create an MLS number of your own using a format that will keep you away from real MLS numbers, like this: 9991001, then 9991002 and so on. NOTE: Entering alphabetic characters or special characters in your MLS numbers is not allowed, so starting the manual number with 999 instead will prevent a numbering conflict with other listing numbers in the MLS.
- The longest expiration date available at this time is 180 days. Go ahead and select that option at this point. NOTE: If you are in Mid States/Dixie and choose COR regions, you can choose the the No Expiration option.
- Select the correct MLS, Property Type, and County for your listing.
- Click on Continue when finished.
- Enter the desired information on the Manual Listing Entry Form, choosing the ADD MANUAL LISTING button at the bottom when complete.
Update Manual Listing
- Once the manual listing has been created, you will be taken to the DETAILS tab. NOTE: If you are in Mid States/Dixie and choose COR regions, you can skip to Step 2. Click on the Edit Listing Info link.
- Change the Expiration Date to "No Expiration Date."
- Also, change the Listing Type to "Sold Listing." Otherwise, this listing will show up in regular IDX listing searches.
- Scroll down to the bottom and select the SAVE MANUAL LISTING button.
- You can then click on the PHOTOS & FLOOR PLANS tab to add the Main Photo and Additional Photos, floor plans, virtual tours, etc.
Add A Property Resume Page To Your Website
- After you have added all of your Sold listings, you will need to create a page on your website to have these listings displayed. NOTE: If you are a WordPress or Premier subscriber, please contact us for this step.
- Navigate to the SITE BUILDER > CONTENT > PAGES tab in the top navigation bar.
- Click on Add Link under the header you wish to add the Sold listings display page.
- Under the Nav Title enter the name you would like to appear for the link on your website. An example title would be “Property Resume.”
- Select the Sort Value.
- Under URL, keep http:// and enter: "/index.asp?p=propertyresume"
- For Opens In select the “Same Window” option.
- Click SUBMIT and the listings should now appear on your website.
Intranet resources are a handy tool which allows your office to share resources such as files or links to the agents within your office. In this short video, you'll learn how to add and delete Intranet Resources to the office LeadStreet or engageRE office portal.
Adding video to your website is a great way to add value and visual interest. A good video can turn a static website into a dynamic, informative destination. Some good video ideas to consider are:
- A promotional video that introduces you to your website visitors
- A website tour that tells visitors what they can find on your website
- A video tour of a featured listing
- A video to share your expertise on a particular topic
- A video to promote a special event such as an upcoming open house
Add a Single Video to Your Home Page
In this short video, you'll learn how to add a single YouTube video to the home page of your LeadStreet or engageRE website.
Create a YouTube Playlist
With a playlist, you can add even more videos to a webpage without creating clutter on your website. Once you have added the playlist code to your website, you only need to add or remove videos from your playlist within YouTube.
In this short video, you'll learn how to create a YouTube playlist. Before you get started, you will need to already have a YouTube account and channel set up.
Add a Playlist to Your Website Home Page
Now that you've created a YouTube playlist, learn how to add the playlist to the home page of your website.
What Causes The Problem?
Have you shared your listing on Facebook only to realize the auto-populated information is not what you expected? Similar to browser cache, Facebook also stores a copy of each shared webpage on their own servers (for efficency).
That means that once Facebook "remembers" a webpage, it will often use this image when you share that same URL. Unfortunately, since listing information is often changing, that cached information may not represent the most current and accurate listing data. Some symptoms you might experience:
- A new listing isn’t showing any data or is only showing the description with no photos.
- You’ve added new listing photos, but when you share the listing to Facebook, the thumbnail contains an old image.
- You’ve updated your listing description, but the old information displays on the thumbnail page when you share to Facebook.
What To Do About It
Fortunately, there is a way to force Facebook to refresh its cache for a listing by using their Sharing Debugger tool.
Do the following:
- Go to http://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/.
- Enter the listing URL into the field and click on Debug.
- This will bring up a screen of information that tells you when the last page was last scraped. Click on Scrape Again.
Now when you share the listing on Facebook, it should reflect all of the latest information.
Note: Every listing has two URLs available, and these are listed on the Detail page of the engageRE Agent Portal. You may need to repeat these steps for both URLs.
This webinar covers the primary tasks of the office administrator. This is great information that will help you coach your agents on getting the most from their RE/MAX toolkit.