Why do I need a custom domain?
Branding yourself online with a custom domain is very important since your online brand affects how people perceive and remember you and is a factor that will directly impact your SEO efforts and results.
Where do I get a custom domain?
If you do not already have a custom domain name, we recommend that you register one as soon as possible. Based on our experience, we recommend GoDaddy.com, the largest provider of domain name registrations. We have found GoDaddy to be easy to work with and reliable, and they charge less than $15/year for domains. Once you have registered your new domain (or identified one you already have in your account), contact Premier Service support and we will take care of getting your new domain working on your Premier website.
What are some guidelines for considering the domain name I choose?
- Select a domain name that is short, relevant, memorable, and easy to spell.
- Consider including a location or keyword relevant to your market.
- Register yourself as the owner of the domain name with administrative rights.
- All things being equal, try and select a domain name with a .com extension
- Instead of using your name, consider using a combination of your location and relevant keywords. Examples include: joesellsnj.com, charlestonluxuryhomes.com, etc.
- Use the words "RE/MAX" or "realtor" without first reviewing the RE/MAX Trademark and Graphics Standards Guidelines.
- Use dashes, abbreviations, or numbers unless necessary.
- Choose a domain name that is difficult to spell out.
- Use a made up or purposely misspelled word.